Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jet Ski


10-18-09
For the first time ever that I know of, there were jet skiers on the river today.  Luckily, they agreed to go downstream of me.  The water was muddy and above the normal level allowing john boats and jet skis easy passage.  I went upstream from walnut grove.  It was a cool autumn day with temperatures in the 60’s.  There was not much wildlife, probably because of the other boats.  I went into the second lake canal and entered the lake easily.  There were turtles out on a log sunning themselves. They dove in when I approached, but a couple of turtles poked their heads above water to check on me.  When I left the lake, I continued upstream to the big sandbar.  The water had recently gone down and much of it was still wet.  I could hear a hawk scream, but I didn’t see him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home